We’re thrilled to announce the 15 small businesses with strong potential for growth and job creation that will participate in the third cohort of our ScaleUp WNC program, which beings this Friday! The initiative, made possible with financing from the U.S. Small Business Administration, will provide these entrepreneurs with intensive growth strategy development, mentorship, access-to-capital support, and a rich network of peer business owners.
The ScaleUp WNC Cohort 3 participating businesses are:
- Black Mountain Ciderworks (Black Mountain)
- Blue Ridge Energy Works (Boone)
- Brian Boggs Chairmakers (Asheville)
- Copper Pot & Wooden Spoon (Waynesville)
- East Fork Pottery (Marshall)
- Innovation Brewing (Sylva)
- Kudzu Brands (Black Mountain)
- Medea’s Espresso & Juice Bar (Arden)
- No Evil Foods (Asheville)
- Organic Planet Cleaning (Asheville)
- Outfitter Bicycle Tours (Hendersonville)
- Pisgah Pest Control (Brevard)
- Port City Amplification (Swannanoa)
- Printville (Asheville)
- Still Point Wellness (Asheville)
Want to know more about these innovative folks? Click here to meet them!
We launched ScaleUp WNC last year, and funding will allow us to continue hosting two cohorts annually through 2019. Thirty companies completed ScaleUp WNC in 2015 (through Cohort 1 and Cohort 2). We’re proud to share that, to date, one-third of these alumni have already secured growth capital, and many more have met other major milestones.
Mountain BizWorks received more than 45 applications for the 2016 program during our first open window. Cohort 3 runs from March through May. The following cohort will run from June through September. Applications are continuing to be accepted for Cohort 4 and are due by April 17; apply now.