How to get into the Test Drive tent
Test Drive aims to leverage the power of Asheville’s festivals to support a thriving small business community by giving entrepreneurs, and especially those with limited means, the opportunity to exhibit their up-and-coming business ideas and gain valuable feedback.
The Test Drive Process
Who is eligible for Test Drive?
- Your business must be pre-revenue or a very early startup making less than $20k in annual revenue
- Your business must be under two years old
- You must at least 18 years old or be represented by a parent or guardian
Expectations of Test Drive participants
- You must attend or participate in all of the required Test Drive activities
- Participate in a Prep Workshop
- Sign a form indicating your compliance with the rules and regulations of the specific festival(s) you will exhibit at
- Fill out the post-festival evaluation form
- Attend a post-festival debrief
Upcoming Test Drive Prep Workshops
If you meet all of the above requirements and are excited to hop in the driver’s seat, the next steps are to register and attend one of our upcoming Test Drive Prep Workshops.
In these sessions, a Mountain BizWorks business coach will work with you and a cohort of fellow Test Drivers to design a meaningful Test Drive experience. The sessions will cover festival logistics, how to effectively gather market feedback, crafting your exhibitor experience, and festival marketing. After the completion of this session, you’ll be matched with up to three events which are determined to be the best fit for your business to exhibit at. Select one of the upcoming sessions below…
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Once you’ve taken the Test Drive tent for a spin there will be a second cohort session to debrief how to use the lessons learned from the tent in your business. This session will show you how to use the data from the Test Drive tent to get traction in your business.
For any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com