Para leer esta información en español, toca aquí.
The Buncombe County Tourism Jobs Recovery Fund’s mission is to preserve and safely reopen the region’s unique and diverse small business ecosystem and protect tourism-related jobs.
The Tourism Fund helps tourism-related small businesses and nonprofit organizations reopen through:
- Simple and streamlined micro-grants of $500 – 5,000
- Full grants of $5,001 – $50,000
The Tourism Fund aims to:
- Preserve the diverse, vibrant local economy which makes Buncombe County a sought-out travel destination.
- Protect thousands of tourism-related jobs in Buncombe County.
- Provide businesses with the resources and strategies to help them reopen safely and ensure their long-term viability.
- Frequently Asked Questions (updated 5/22)
- Eligibility Criteria
- How Applications Will Be Evaluated
- Micro Grant Overview
- Recorded Webinar: Q&A from 5/21
- Recorded Webinar: Q&A from 5/19
- Recorded Webinar: Eligibility Criteria & How Your Application Will be Evaluated
- Recorded Webinar: Application Walk-Through
Apply Online by 11:59pm May 31
Applications must be completed and submitted no later than 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 31. Applications submitted after the deadline or that are incomplete (i.e., missing required uploads) will not be considered.
All applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered equally. There is no benefit to rushing an application. We encourage applicants to take their time to ensure a complete and well supported request. PDF versions of the application and more guidance are available on the application forms’ welcome pages.
An entity may only apply to either the micro or the full application, not both.
Please sign up below to be notified whenever important fund announcements are made.
The Buncombe County Tourism Jobs Recovery Fund, authorized by the N.C. General Assembly and administered by Mountain BizWorks, was created by the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority with occupancy tax revenue dedicated for tourism product development. Buncombe-based businesses that provide a direct visitor experience can apply for COVID-19 relief to help pay for the expenses of reopening, including rehiring employees.