Wednesdays, 6pm-9pm, January 17th – February 28th (No class Valentine’s Day)
Facilitator: Athalia Whitworth
This Foundations class is offered in the High Country by our partner, Ascent Business Network.
Join a cohort of aspiring and existing entrepreneurs to gain an aerial perspective of your vision and the comprehensive business skills necessary to help bring your visions into reality.
The “Foundations” Business Planning Class helps aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners to create comprehensive business plans in order to start-up, expand, or enhance their businesses.
Delivered to thousands of entrepreneurs over 20 years at Mountain BizWorks, Foundations has been honored to help entrepreneurs build a solid strategy for business startup and growth. Our partnership with Birds Eye Business Planning & Adventures ensures that the curriculum is continually refreshed and made even more efficient and effective.
Our Foundations business planning class helps guide ideas from concept to reality in a participatory, supportive learning environment.
In 18 hours over 6 weekly sessions, participants will gain a clear aerial perspective of their business operations, financials, research and development, and marketing strategies. They will leave the course with a comprehensive business plan, a clear vision for their business, and concrete tasks for future work.
- Week 1: Gaining Perspective:We start by viewing our business concepts from a high altitude, in order to define our visions and get a good look at the main topics to be addressed.
- Week 2: Laying the Foundation:Next, we return to the ground level to define our lines of business and analyze financial essentials, from overhead costs to break-even points.
- Week 3: Getting into the Flow:In the third session, we’ll cover the financial bases of cash flow, sales forecasting, and financial documents.
- Week 4: Mission & Markets:Then, we’ll revisit our mission, discuss market research, and identify competitors in order to align with our target markets.
- Week 5: Get the Word Out:Next, we’ll discuss creative marketing strategies and give peer feedback on marketing materials.
- Week 6: Goodbye & Good Luck:Finally, we’ll present our business plans, share final pitches, and plan for next steps.
Throughout the class, emphasis will be placed on developing the social capital of the group. Participants will be encouraged to gather feedback from their peers, creating a strong network of deep support and synergy.
The course fee is $300. A minimum deposit of $50 of the total is due upon enrollment, with the remaining balance due on or by the first day of class. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, and credit card. There are a limited number of partial scholarships available for participants who qualify for financial hardship assistance. These partial scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Scholarships are made possible for all Watauga County 6-week Business Planning Courses through the support of the Watauga County Economic Development Commission. For a limited time we are also offering a 2-for-1 special if you sign up with a friend!
If you have already registered but need to pay your course fees, please click the button below.
Please contact Ascent at email@example.com for more information about the next class!