Classes meet on Wednesday mornings from April 26th to June 7th, with no class on May 17th.
The Foundations Business Planning Class helps aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners to create comprehensive business plans in order to start-up, expand, or enhance their businesses.
Delivered to thousands of entrepreneurs over 20 years, the curriculum has been honed to help entrepreneurs build a solid foundation for business growth. Now, the Birds Eye team has updated and refreshed this curriculum to make it even more efficient and effective.
In 18 hours over 6 weekly sessions, participants will gain a clear aerial perspective of their business operations, financials, research and development, and marketing strategies. They will leave the course with a comprehensive business plan, a clear vision for their business, and concrete tasks for future work.
- Week 1: Gaining Perspective: We start by viewing our business concepts from a high altitude, in order to define our visions and get a good look at the main topics to be addressed.
- Week 2: Laying the Foundation: Next, we return to the ground level to define our lines of business and analyze financial essentials, from overhead costs to break-even points.
- Week 3: Getting into the Flow: In the third session, we’ll cover the financial bases of cash flow, sales forecasting, and financial documents.
- Week 4: Mission & Markets: Then, we’ll revisit our mission, discuss market research, and identify competitors in order to align with our target markets.
- Week 5: Get the Word Out: Next, we’ll discuss creative marketing strategies and give peer feedback on marketing materials.
- Week 6: Goodbye & Good Luck: Finally, we’ll present our business plans, share final pitches, and plan for next steps.
Throughout the class, emphasis will be placed on developing the social capital of the group. Participants will be encouraged to gather feedback from their peers, creating a strong network of deep support and synergy.
The Foundations Business Planning class is offered at Mountain BizWorks. The cost for the 6-session class is $375; some partial scholarships are available. A photo ID and income verification is required for the scholarship application. See class application for more details.