Realize your business potential. ScaleUp provides intensive growth strategy development and implementation assistance to cohorts of Western North Carolina small businesses with strong potential for growth. This course is typically offered twice annually.
With now over 125 alumni companies, ScaleUp is supporting a diverse and distinguished group of entrepreneurs that will drive innovation and economic development across the WNC region for years.
Who is eligible to apply?
Growth-oriented small businesses are eligible to apply.
Each cohort will be selected through a highly competitive, merit-based application process.
Founders, owners, or executive managers of growth-oriented small businesses are eligible to apply.
This growth stage of companies—after startup but before maturity—tends to be underserved in Western North Carolina (and nationally). ScaleUp WNC offers a unique opportunity to help expand growth-oriented businesses and strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem across this region.
Businesses must meet the following eligibility standards:
- Be a for-profit company based in Western North Carolina
- Have been in business for at least two years
- Ideally have annual revenues between $150,000 and $1,500,000
- Have at least one full-time employee (can include founder/owner positions)
- Have identified opportunities for business expansion