Mountain BizWorks, Outdoor Gear Builders of WNC, and our partners are excited to support the third Waypoint Accelerator cohort.
Please note that the 3rd Waypoint Cohort will be conducted semi-virtually, with some sessions in-person in Asheville, and others via Zoom. We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and will follow CDC, state & local public guidelines as they evolve. Read more about the most up-to-date CDC guidelines here.
Applications are due at 11:59pm on September 26th. Continue here for full details and to apply.
Up to 8 companies will be selected for the second cohort based on a competitive, merit-based review process. Companies selected for the first cohort will be notified and announced at the Outdoor Economy Conference, October 12-15, 2021
The Session Dates and Program Schedule are as follows:
- November 4, 1pm-6pm: Base Camp – Course Orientation & Wayfinding (IN-PERSON, Asheville)
- November 11, 9:30am-12pm: Customer Development & The Outdoor Customer (VIRTUAL)
- November 18, 10:30am-12pm: Go-to-Market Strategy and Tools Pt. 1 (VIRTUAL)
- December 2, 9:30am-12pm: Go-to-Market Strategy and Tools Pt. 2 (VIRTUAL)
- December 9, 9:30am-12pm: Financial Modeling (VIRTUAL)
- January 13, 1pm-5pm: Base Camp – Group Mastermind (IN-PERSON, Asheville)
- January 20, 9:30am-12pm: Customer Engagement & Conversion (VIRTUAL)
- January 27, 9:30am-12pm: Legal – Intellectual Property, Risk Management & HR (VIRTUAL)
- February 03, 9:30am-12pm: Raising Capital for Growth – Pathways & Strategy (VIRTUAL)
- February 17, 9:30am-12pm: Leadership and the Responsible Outdoor Company (VIRTUAL)
- February 24, 9:30am-12pm: Art of the Pitch (VIRTUAL)
- March 03, 9:30am-12pm: Design Thinking (VIRTUAL)
- March 17, 1pm-5pm: Group Pitch Practice & Feedback (IN-PERSON/VIRTUAL)
- March 24, 1pm-5pm: Base Camp – Final Pitch Presentations & Waypoint Graduation (IN-PERSON, Asheville)
All applicants are asked to hold the above session dates and times on their calendars and, if accepted, are expected to commit to the entire duration of the program.