The Cleveland County Small Business Recovery Fund’s mission is to preserve and safely reopen small businesses and protect the related jobs in Cleveland County that have been threatened due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The Small Business Recovery Fund helps small businesses and nonprofit organizations reopen through grants. The eligible grant amount is two times average monthly expenses or:
- Up to $2,500 for solopreneurs
- Up to $10,000 for firms with 2-25 employees
The Small Business Recovery Fund aims to:
- Preserve local small businesses through immediate relief so they can safely reopen and stay open.
- Provide businesses with the resources and strategies to help them reopen safely and ensure their long-term viability.
- Protect thousands of jobs supported by Small Businesses in Cleveland County.
Note Eligibility Criteria has changed for the second round of applications to include small businesses that have experienced a 15% decline in revenue due to COVID-19.
The Application Window for Round Two is Now OPEN: November 20 through December 9, 2020
All applications completed and submitted before the deadline, Wednesday, December 9 at 6:00 pm, will be considered equally. There is no benefit to rushing an application.
We encourage applicants to take their time to ensure a complete and well-supported request. You can find a Word Document version of the application here.
Get Assistance With Your Application
Mountain BizWorks has partnered with the Cleveland Community College Small Business Center to support applicants in developing a competitive application. You can book an appointment directly with the Small Business Center via the link below.
Cleveland County Small Business Recovery Fund Interest Form
Be the first to know about all details and information about the Cleveland County Small Business Recovery Fund by filling out your information here:
Watch a Previously Recorded Webinar
- 10/21 General Program Overview, Program Eligibility, and How Applications will be Evaluated
- 10/28 Application Walk Through
- 11/4 Live Q&A
Do you have questions about these guidelines?
The Cleveland County Small Business Recovery Fund is authorized by the Cleveland County Board of Commissioners is a program of the United Way of Cleveland County and administered by Mountain BizWorks. Cleveland-based small businesses that have experienced hardship due to COVID-19 are able to apply for relief to help pay for expenses associated with reopening and staying open safely.