Craft Your Commerce Online Summer Workshop Series
July 31 - August 28
Craft Your Commerce is a Mountain BizWorks entrepreneurial program designed to connect, elevate and advance creative and craft-centered companies through a series of business training workshops and classes designed by makers for makers. The program is offered in partnership with Center for Craft, UNC Asheville, and area creative entrepreneurs.
The 2020 Summer Workshop Series: Creative Shifts will focus on adapting your craft business to thrive in a drastically changed market.
We will start with a speaker panel of leading WNC based craft business entrepreneurs to hear how they’ve adjusted their business model and operations to meet the challenges of COVID-19. We will then learn from a Portland-based craft manufacturing entrepreneur about the innovative techniques and leadership strategies that have helped him to successfully scale his business and continue to weather these challenging market conditions. Finally, we will open a window into the realm of commercial projects and buyers, which is a customer and revenue segment that remains untapped for many craft entrepreneurs.
Throughout the series, an integrative cohort-based learning program will help weave together lessons from the workshops and guide entrepreneurs in developing their own goals and actionable plans.
The CYC Summer Workshop Series will feature the following:
- A virtual networking event to kick off the series
- 3 separate virtual workshops on thriving in the time of COVID-19 by creatively adjusting your business model, innovating operations and cultivating new customer segments
- Crafting Commerce Cohort (C3) Labs to glean insights from the workshops and develop actionable plans in a collaborative, peer-to-peer learning setting
The networking event and workshops are offered à la carte but we hope you will take advantage of the Series Pass and journey through the entirety of this integrative learning experience.
Learn more about the Craft Your Commerce 2020 Spring Workshop Series events and get your tickets below! Please note that all of the workshops are open to anyone living in the United States. The C3 Labs are only open to creatives living and working in Western North Carolina.
Workshops on Creative Shifts
CoHort Based Learning Program
Pricing & Ticket Packages
The Craft Your Commerce 2020 Workshop Series involves a networking event, three separate workshops, and one intensive course suited for existing makers. The program offerings are available a-la-carte, but they’re also designed to thematically complement each other and we encourage you to consider participating in the full series.
- July 31 Maker’s Mixer – Free!
- August 12 Adjusting Your Business in a Time of COVID-19 – $25 Early Bird | $35 Regular Price
- August 21 Shifting and Scaling Your Craft Business – $35 Early Bird | $45 Regular Price
- August 28 Crafting the Built Environment – $25 Early Bird | $35 Regular Price
- August 11 – September 8 Crafting Commerce Cohort (C3) Labs- $175 Early Bird | $275 Regular Price
Series Pass Breakdown
- The Series Pass gives you access to all Workshops (Adjusting Your Business, Shifting and Scaling Your Craft Business, Crafting the Build Environment)
- $65 Early Bird | $95 Regular Price
- The Series Pass + C3 Labs gives you access to all Workshops AND the 5-week Live Labs for Makers course
- $175 Early Bird | $275 Regular Price
Get your tickets early and take advantage of discounted Early Bird Pricing available only until August 10, 2020!
Limited financial need-based scholarships are available. To apply for a scholarship please continue to this form. UNC Asheville students are also eligible for scholarships; contact Brent Skidmore for details.