May 25, 2016
Cohort 4 kicks off on June 10th as our largest ScaleUp WNC group yet, with 16 businesses participating—all of which have strong potential for growth and job creation. Already, the companies in this new cohort provide more than 100 jobs, collectively, across five WNC counties! Half of the selected businesses are woman-owned. The initiative, made possible with funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration, will provide these entrepreneurs with intensive growth strategy development, mentorship, access-to-capital support, and a rich network of peer business owners.
The ScaleUp WNC Cohort 4 participating businesses are:
- Addison Farms Vineyard (Leicester)
- ADORAtherapy (Asheville)
- All American Food Fights (Asheville)
- Big Boom Design (Asheville)
- Blue Ridge Solutions (Asheville)
- Brewed for Her Ledger (Asheville)
- Bright Star Touring Theatre (Arden)
- DuinoKit (Whittier)
- Duncan & York (Asheville)
- Elements (Asheville)
- JB Media Institute (Asheville)
- Jennythreads (Asheville)
- Jukebox Junction Restaurant & Soda Shoppe (Canton)
- Sunburst Chef and Farmer (Asheville)
- The Sunset Motel (Brevard)
- Wishbone Tiny Homes (Asheville)
Want to know more about these innovative folks? Click here to meet them!
Cohort 4 runs through August, after which you’re all invited to a Demo Day to connect with the participants and alumni from Cohorts 2 and 3. This is the final cohort to meet in 2016. Interested in the 2017 program and application process? Check our website often for an announcement and sign up for our e-newsletter for the very latest.