Welcome to the deep dive data tool.
Defining a few key terms
Import Index = how much of the sector we have compared to what is expected for an economy our size.
- We only have 22% of the expected amount of armored car
services (suggesting we may be importing the other 78%)
- The lower the number, the bigger the gap
Jobs Potential= the number of jobs it would take to bring the sector to 100% of the benchmark.
- In other words, the number of sector jobs we’re missing
- This is an indicator of the “scale” of the gap. The greater
the Jobs Potential, the greater the indicated opportunity.
Average Wages = the average wages for the Industry Sector in the Asheville MSA area.
Growth % = how much the Sector grew from 2010-2015 in the Asheville MSA
- In this case (0%) the industry was flat.
- In general, a growing industry (in Asheville as well as
the US) may indicate a stronger business opportunity.
Import Index + Jobs Potential + Wages + Growth % = Opportunity Score
- A scale of 1-10: 1 suggests a little opportunity, 10 suggests a LOT
Click on the image below to access the interactive version