Join a cohort of aspiring and existing entrepreneurs to gain an aerial perspective of your vision and the comprehensive business skills necessary to help bring your visions into reality.
The “Foundations” Business Planning Class helps aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners to create comprehensive business plans in order to start-up, expand, or enhance their businesses.
Delivered to thousands of entrepreneurs over 20 years at Mountain BizWorks, Foundations has been honed to help entrepreneurs build a solid strategy for business startup and growth. Our partnership with Birds Eye Business Planning & Adventures ensures that the curriculum is continually refreshed and made even more efficient and effective.
In 18 hours over 6 weekly sessions, participants will gain a clear aerial perspective of their business operations, financials, research and development, and marketing strategies. They will leave the course with a comprehensive business plan, a clear vision for their business, and concrete tasks for future work.
- Week 1: Gaining Perspective:We start by viewing our business concepts from a high altitude, in order to define our visions and get a good look at the main topics to be addressed.
- Week 2: Laying the Foundation:Next, we return to the ground level to define our lines of business and analyze financial essentials, from overhead costs to break-even points.
- Week 3: Getting into the Flow:In the third session, we’ll cover the financial bases of cash flow, sales forecasting, and financial documents.
- Week 4: Mission & Markets:Then, we’ll revisit our mission, discuss market research, and identify competitors in order to align with our target markets.
- Week 5: Get the Word Out:Next, we’ll discuss creative marketing strategies and give peer feedback on marketing materials.
- Week 6: Goodbye & Good Luck:Finally, we’ll present our business plans, share final pitches, and plan for next steps.
Throughout the class, emphasis will be placed on developing the social capital of the group. Participants will be encouraged to gather feedback from their peers, creating a strong network of deep support and synergy.
The course fee is $375; some partial scholarships are available (see below). A minimum deposit of 50% of the total is due upon enrollment, with the remaining balance due on or by the first day of class. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check, and credit card.
If you live in the City of Asheville or in rural WNC and have low-to-moderate income, you may qualify for a partial scholarship (valued at $150). Complete the online registration form and access the scholarship application within the form. Each class offering has a limited number of scholarships available on a first come, first served basis.
The Foundations class is currently being offered at our Asheville office and in the High Country by our partner Ascent Business Network. Class will begin on the start date and will meet on the same weekday and time every week for six weeks. AM classes are held 9 am – 12 pm. PM classes are held 6 pm – 9 pm. A list of upcoming class start dates follows. To inquire about adding your name to a waiting list for FULL classes, contact Jill Kichefski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete our online registration form to hold your seat in the class of your choice.