Invested Course: An Investment Crowdfunding Learning Journey
August 8 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The State of North Carolina recently passed legislation (called NC PACES) making it possible to take on non-accredited investors for your small business. This allows you to raise funds from your friends, family, and broader community and to offer them a stake in (and a return on) the success that they are helping you to build.
After receiving questions from many local businesses interested in this new financing tool, we launched a pilot Invested Equity Crowdfunding Course in 2018. It was a great success and one of the graduates from that first class, 180 Float Spa, became the first-ever to complete an NC PACES campaign in NC!
Invested: An Investment Crowdfunding Learning Journey will assist a small cohort of interested business owners who are currently experiencing growth opportunities in preparing for, designing, and launching an investment crowdfunding campaign. The full course will entail four 3-hour sessions starting Thursday, August 8th and running through September 19th (meeting every other week on Thursdays). The course will conclude with an investment crowdfunding pitch event and celebration.
- Session 1: Story 1 – Thurs August 8th, 2-5pm
- Session 2: Numbers 1 – Wed August 22nd, 2-5pm
- Session 3: Story 2 – Thurs September 5th, 2-5pm
- Session 4: Numbers 2 – Thurs September 19th, 2-5pm
Businesses entering the program should have:
- An Instagram and Facebook account
- A legal business entity – LLC, SCORP, C-CORP, etc.
- Historical financials – for 2 years of the business or life of the business, whichever is lesser.
- 2 year financial projection for startups
- A targeted allocation for fundraising (growth or startup costs)
- At least one company founder with the ability to attend each cohort class date
Cost: $45 per participant for the entire 4 session course.
To begin the Registration process: Please add your name to the Cohort 3 Interested List.
We also have an interest list for potential investors (those of us that may want to participate in a local crowdfunding campaign and attend one of the Invested course pitch events) that you can sign up for here.Get on the Cohort 3 Interested List!