Mountain BizWorks, the Outdoor Gear Builders of WNC, and the NC Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) are excited to support the fourth Waypoint Accelerator cohort.
Cohort #4 Timeline
- The 4th Cohort of the Waypoint Accelerator program will be announced and the application window will open mid July 2022
- Applications will be due on October 06 at 11:59 p.m. Up to 10 companies will be selected based on a competitive, merit-based review process.
- Companies selected will be notified October 14 at 5:00 p.m.
- The Session Dates and Program Schedule are as follows:
- Thursday November 3, 1pm-5pm: Base Camp – Course Orientation & Wayfinding (IN-PERSON, Asheville)
- Thursday November 10, 9:30am-12pm: Customer Development & The Outdoor Customer (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday November 17, 9:30am-12pm: Design Thinking (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday December 1, 9:30am-12pm: Go-to-Market Strategy and Tools Pt. 1 (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday December 8, 9:30am-12pm: Go-to-Market Strategy and Tools Pt. 2 (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday December 15, 9:30am-12pm: Financial Modeling (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday January 12, 1pm-5pm: Base Camp – Outdoor Customer Engagement & The Art of the Pitch (IN-PERSON, Asheville)
- Thursday January 19, 9:30am-12pm: Legal – Intellectual Property, Risk Management & HR (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday January 26, 9:30am-12pm: Raising Capital for Growth – Pathways & Strategy (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday February 02, 9:30am-12pm: Group Pitch Prep & Final Mastermind (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday February 16, 9:30am-12pm: Leadership and the Responsible Outdoor Company (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday March 02, 1-5pm: Base Camp- Large Group Pitch Practice (IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL)
- Thursday March 9, 1pm-5pm: Graduation- Final Pitch Presentations (IN-PERSON, Asheville)
All applicants are asked to hold the above session dates and times on their calendars and, if accepted, are expected to commit to the entire duration of the program.