ScaleUp WNC provides intensive growth strategy development and implementation assistance to two cohorts of 15 small businesses annually. Western North Carolina businesses with strong potential for growth and job creation have the opportunity to apply to participate in this highly competitive program. With now over 90 alumni companies, ScaleUp WNC is supporting a diverse and distinguished group of entrepreneurs that will drive innovation and economic development across the WNC region for years.
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2019 PROGRAM
Applications are now being accepted through January 27 for the 2019 program which will include two cohorts with one to start in March and the other in June. Up to 30 companies will be accepted through a competitive, merit-based selection process. See below for program eligibility and details. Thanks to our sponsors and partners, we are able to offer this program at $495 per company, or three installments of $165.
Join us as one of these upcoming events around WNC to learn more about ScaleUp and meet some of our alumni and instructors (more dates and locations will be posted soon):
2019 PROGRAM SPONSORS
|MAJOR SUPPORT RECEIVED FROM:|
|ADDITIONAL PROGRAM SUPPORT RECEIVED FROM:|
Interested in joining our team of sponsors? Contact Chris Grasinger at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
MEET THE SCALEUP WNC COHORTS
COHORT 1 (SPRING 2015)
COHORT 2 (SUMMER 2015)
COHORT 3 (SPRING 2016)
COHORT 4 (SUMMER 2016)
COHORT 5 (SPRING 2017)
COHORT 6 (SPRING 2017)
GROWTH-ORIENTED SMALL BUSINESSES ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Each cohort will be selected through a highly competitive, merit-based application process. Founders, owners, or executive managers of growth-oriented small businesses are eligible to apply. These businesses must:
- Be a for-profit company based in Western North Carolina
- Have been in business for at least two years
- Ideally have annual revenues between $150,000 and $1,500,000
- Have at least one full-time employee (can include founder/owner positions)
- Have identified opportunities for business expansion
This stage of companies, after startup but before maturity, tends to be underserved in Western North Carolina (and nationally), so ScaleUp WNC offers a unique opportunity to help expand growth-oriented businesses and strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem across the region.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
ScaleUp WNC is a cohort-based program. Each participant will be part of a CEO network of up to 15 peer businesses and will receive tailored services to measurably advance their business and achieve significant business development milestones. Program elements will include, but not be limited, to:
- Entrepreneurship education curriculum: Delivery of proven, established curricula for growth-oriented entrepreneurs and small businesses focused on the unique challenges of scaling established businesses. This intensive curriculum includes an opening VIP kickoff party, seven class-based sessions, and a culminating “demo day” showcase event.
- Management assistance and support: Ten hours of one-on-one support, mentoring, and technical assistance from our team of business advisors and Hatch mentors (new for 2019!) with expertise including leadership, market research analysis, business strategy, technology development, operations, and sales growth assistance.
- Access to capital: Assistance and connections to growth capital, including preparing investor due-diligence backup documentation, matchmaking events, and introductions with local lenders and investors.
- Connections and networks: Strengthening connections and networks, including developing valuable relationships with peer entrepreneurs, support resources, mentors, potential supply chain partners, etc.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Thanks to our generous 2019 sponsors and partners, the cost of the program is only $495, or three installments of $165 each, for companies admitted to the program. This provides full program access for one participant including 60+ hours of training, mentoring, and networking to scale your business. Companies that would like to add a second program seat (i.e., for a co-founder) may do so for an additional one-time fee of $165. The program fee (or first installment) will be due upon acceptance to the program. There is no fee to apply.